Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Smooth Talking

Grogglers,

First, The Law's Law would like to congratualte Sir LastStand on the formation of yet another Blog entitled "Pay the Price" that can be found at: www.brentweird.blogspot.com. I already love the gambling content and the spread of the H1Nblog virus around LA.

As I sit her hashing out the details of a Broadway theatre financing deal (spelled theatre on purpose, Oxford style), The Law's Law decided he wanted to rant on those that go out, and those that do not. These things became readily apparent tonight in my Negotiations class on two separate situations.

Little background on this: The Law's Law has been known to enjoy Social Gatherings. Now, not only do these Social Gatherings give one the opportunity to meet new people and enjoy new experiences, but they are also primetime for getting wild, crazy, and just enjoy life in general. Bottom Line: those that like to stay in libraries and be lame, enjoy your life of solitude. C is for CEO and D's get Degrees (thank you Sir C-Money for that quote)

Now, back to the reasons this came up:

First, my first Negotiation was with a notable Law Babe that would actually fly at USC. However, according to various sources this Law Babe is an extremely aggressive negotiator. Last week for our midterm she apparently became "abusive" (quote from the professor) during her negotiation with Steve (actual name) and flipped. Now I have told many of my followers about how enjoyable my previous negotiation was with this exact Law Babe. It was pleasant, enjoyable, successful, and she even sent me an post email with many pleasantries and emoticons. Bottom Line: Smooth talking went a long way on this one. If The Law's Law had not been himself, I could have been abused like poor poor Steve.

Second, I found out today that my Professor works for two of my friends' mother's firm (they are twin sisters and the mother started it on her own to make it the largest ADR firm in CA). Apparently my Prof also found out and asked me if I knew the Twin Madames and I assured her I did. I have been to Madame Twins' house on multiple occasions because these twins always opened up their home to partying whilst The Law's Law was in training Sophomore and Junior years of High School. I frequented the homely home and had some of my most memorable times their. Now here is a funny story from my Professor's Bosses home in West-weird: I was doing big things in the kitchen (i.e. Shots, Shots, Shots...AWESOME SONG CLICK HERE), and all of a sudden, boom time. It all came up on The Law's Law all over the kitchen. Feeling bad I tried to clean up but The Law's Law was just spinning. The twins' Mom came in and was completely elated to meet The Law's Law and went on to say that I was a gent amongst men. True Story.

Anyways, point being is that The Law's Law loves meeting people and being in social situations. No matter how embarrassing something might seem at the moment, there is always a way to leverage it and make it a great story later.

Shots,

The Law's Law

P.S. I gotta get on these Navy Grogs, The Law's Law has cleared his Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for an adventure.

P.P.S. The Law's Law's technology problems continue. To this minute I am waiting for some to confirm that they can open a docx file. Honestly Microsoft (and Law Group), can you please make it easier for people without the latest version of Office to open docx files. Granted, I am having a good time and opened a nice bottle of French wine while watching Austin Powers, but come on. Let The Law's Law get some sleep once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Much love for the blog plug. Thought I could steer free but seems I caught a bad case of the H1Nb.

    http://brentweird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete